Thank you again to Smitten in CLE, Wearing Mascara and Cooker Girl for guest posting while I was on vacation. If you didn’t have a chance to read their posts yet, check them out below:
To celebrate being back, I’m giving away 2 tickets
to one of Fall’s tastiest events.
This September, the Cleveland Browns will team up with 25 of Cleveland’s finest chefs and the Cleveland Foodbank to tackle hunger at the 14th annual Taste of the Browns.
On Monday, Sept. 10th from 6-9pm, feast on award-winning food, wine, beer and cocktails, hang out with current and alumni Browns players, and enjoy beautiful views of downtown Cleveland from the AT&T Club Lounge at Cleveland Browns stadium.
Last year’s Taste of the Browns was not just a lot of fun (here’s my recap), it more importantly helped raise over $140,000 for the Cleveland Foodbank, Northeast’s Ohio largest hunger relief organization. For every dollar donated, the Foodbank can provide four nutritious meals to the hungry. Thanks to these donations, they’re able to reach 223,700+ people annually through their member agencies.
On hand at Taste of the Browns will be an all-star lineup of Cleveland restaurants serving up signature dishes like:
- Momocho’s wild boar tamales
- AMP 150′s Ohio corn soup with pickled ramp and corn salsa
- Market Garden Brewery’s chicken and jalapeno sausage on pretzel crostini
- Pier W’s lobster taquitos with avocado and corn juice
- Greenhouse Tavern/Sawyer’s Street Frites’ whole braised beef shin a’la bourguignon
When you’re not sampling the food, you’ll enjoy the evening’s entertainment and auctions and meet Browns legends such as event co-chairs Cleveland Browns Offensive Lineman Joe Thomas and former Defensive Lineman Al “Bubba” Baker.
Al “Bubba” Baker will also raffle off one of the evening’s most sought-after prizes – a catered tailgate party for 30 guests from his Bubba’s Q restaurant. The winner will not just get all the food and fixings for the perfect Browns party, but Baker himself will personally deliver it.
Other auction items to look forward to include tickets to see a Broadway musical in NY, DisneyWorld passes, a family membership to the Cleveland Zoo, and a Gibson SG Guitar. The prize that tops my wishlist, though, is the Tour de Bruell: dinner for two at all five Zack Bruell restaurants!
Tickets are $150 (50 percent of which is tax-deductible) and all proceeds will benefit the Cleveland Foodbank. They can be purchased at http://cleveland.com/tasteofthebrowns or by calling the Foodbank at (216) 738-2126.
You can also enter the Clue Into Cleveland giveaway for a pair of tickets!
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) Leave a comment on this post telling me which Taste of the Browns restaurant you haven’t been to before that you’d like to try.
3) Post a link to this page (http://wp.me/pPIgG-1rZ) on your Facebook wall and leave a comment letting me know you did.
4) Twitter users can get an extra entry each day for tweeting: “I want to tackle hunger at @CleveFoodbank’s #TasteoftheBrowns. Enter @ADHicken’s giveaway and you can too: http://wp.me/pPIgG-1rZ” (Each day you do this, you must leave a new comment.)
5) Subscribe to receive Clue Into Cleveland blog posts in your inbox or blog reader like Google Reader and leave a comment letting me know you did. This can also include signing up to receive email notifications in the top-right “You’ve Got Mail” section of this page.
You have until Tuesday, Sept. 4 at 11:59PM to enter. On Wednesday, Sept. 5, I will select a winner using Random.org and will announce the winner’s name on my blog. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry – good luck!Disclosure: I was provided 2 tickets to give away to Taste of the Browns and a pair for myself in exchange for this post. As always, though, my thoughts and the choice of events I share are 100% my own.