Update: After removing one duplicate entry:
Congratulations, entry #8 – Kim, for winning this giveaway.
Wine Lovers: I have an event and giveaway specifically for you today
Are you the person everyone turns to to select a bottle of wine? If you think you know how to pick a good red or just love Cabernet, join Nature’s Bin at the 78th Street Studios’ smARTSpace for Cornucopia Uncorked.
A fundraiser for Nature’s Bin’s Cornucopia program, Uncorked takes place next Thursday, April 10 from 6:30-9:30pm.
Enjoy an evening of food from Nature’s Bin (including something for carnivores, vegetarians and vegans), live music from Men with Short Beards, and a competitive wine tasting.
Tickets cost $50 ($30 of each is tax-deductible). I’m also giving away two tickets below.
But first … What is a competitive wine tasting?
- Uncorked guests bring 2 bottles of Cabernet, the evening’s theme wine (preferably priced between $12 and $24, or as close as possible).
- At check in, one bottle is bagged and numbered. The other bottle is then set aside.
- The bagged bottles are put out for tasting (you can’t see through the bags so no one knows what they are tasting).
- Everyone then votes for their favorite blind-tasted wine.
- The guests who bring the top five voted bottles are awarded prizes.
- The person who brings the number one wine will receive the majority of other bottles that have been set aside.
Uncorked is not just a great way to put your wine tastes to the test, but the event will also raise money for Cornucopia.
Since 1975, Nature Bin’s Cornucopia program has helped people with disabilities develop their skills, confidence, and workplace potential by providing work adjustment training and job coaching and placement services. Today, they serve people with a wide range of severe disabilities including developmental disabilities, mental illness, autism, visual and hearing impairment, and injuries resulting from accident or illness.
Fundraisers like Uncorked help Nature’s Bin fund their non-profit program so that they can continue to help unlock individuals’ potential and become fully functioning members of their communities.
While I’d love to attend Uncorked, I’m unfortunately allergic to red wine. (I know, with a maiden name like DiGiandomenico, it’s a funny allergy to have.)
The upside of this is that one lucky person and their friend get to benefit from my allergy by going in my place. All you have to do is enter my giveaway.
How to enter: Do 1, some, or all 5 of the entries. Separate comment needed for each.
There are 5 Easy Ways to Enter the Giveaway
**You must leave a separate comment on this post for each entry**
1) What’s your favorite type of Cabernet? Leave a comment on this post letting me know.
4) Tweet the following and leave one comment letting me know you tweeted:
I want to win tickets to #CLE’s Cornucopia Uncorked wine tasting. Enter @ADHicken and @Naturesbin’s giveaway: http://wp.me/p2Ukr0-2sQ
You can tweet once per day for additional entries. Just leave a separate comment each time you tweet.
5) Subscribe to Clue Into Cleveland via a feed tracker like Bloglovin’ or Feedly and leave one comment letting me know you did. This can also include signing up to receive email notifications in the top-right “Subscribe” section of this page.
You have until April 7 at 11:59 pm to enter. Random.org will select the winner, which I will announce on April 8. Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry. Good luck!